What You Need to Know About Hair Coloring Today
Do you sport an awesome ombré or are you a natural blonde bombshell? Or maybe you just want to be one. Today’s multitude of hair color styles means you can be whatever you want. But if you want to be in style, safe, and smart, here’s what you need to know about hair coloring today:
Choose the right products and use them correctly. Especially if you color your own hair (you do?!?! that’s awesome; let’s connect at the end of the article), you’ll want to use products that are as safe as possible. All dyes contain some chemicals so make the decision about how frequently you’ll color early on. Some women wait ‘til they go gray, but that’s not you. You want to shake things up from time to time. Here’s how to be safe:
Avoid toxic chemicals such as:
- PPD or para-phenylenediamine: can be a skin allergen and is derived from coal tar
- Resorcinol: can irritate skin and eyes and may interfere with the human endocrine system
Take appropriate color precautions such as:
- Always wear gloves when applying hair color
- Patch test your skin for allergic reactions
- Follow the manufactures directions
- Do not leave color on any longer than necessary
- Rinse thoroughly upon completion
- Never use hair color on eyes or lashes
Choose a color style that is right for you.
- Jet Black: Glossy black is back with the deep dark color the perfect look for fall and winter. It’s an especially stunning contrast to pale and fair skin complexions.
- Golden Bronde: This brown-blonde style fits fabulously into fall and as the color grows out, the lighter hues blend well into your base color.
- Dark Bronde: If your natural shade is dark blonde, why not add some glaze highlights to bring out the brightest look on even a dark winter day?
- Copper: What better way to change up the season than to opt for a color with so many options? There’s copper penny, deep ginger, soft strawberry, and more. All cooler colors for cooler months.
That’s just part of what you need to know about hair coloring. Now back to that idea of coloring your own hair. If you do it for yourself and friends and have a natural knack, why not explore cosmetology as a career? Give Salon Success Academy a call at 1-877-987-HAIR (4247) now to learn how you can get started.