Founder’s Cosmetology Scholarships
In honor of our 60-year anniversary and our founder, Richard Gross, we are giving away 60 Cosmetology scholarships. If you have ever wanted to break into the Cosmetology field, now is the time! Find out if you qualify.
What We’re Giving Away
- 48 Cosmetology $1000 tuition awards
- 12 MUD Beauty Essentials kits and training, valued at $1000
How to Qualify for the Cosmetology Scholarships
To be eligible for the scholarships, you need to be enrolled in the 1600-clock hour Cosmetology program with a start date on or after January 20, 2020. To receive the tuition award, you need to maintain a full-time schedule throughout the duration of your program. To receive the free MUD Beauty Essentials training and kit, you need to be currently enrolled as a full or part-time Cosmetology student. For either award, you need to graduate within your originally contracted timeframe. You also need to have an attendance record of 95% or better and maintain a GPA of 75% or better at each evaluation point:
- At 450/900/1250/1600 scheduled hours for tuition award
- At 450/900/1250 scheduled hours for MUD training
How to Apply for the Cosmetology Scholarships
- Complete the scholarship application(s). You can apply for both scholarships, but each will require its own entry.
- Make a short (under 3 minutes) video or write an essay (1000 words or less) telling us:
- Why you want a career in the beauty industry and
- For tuition award, explain the challenges or obstacles you’ve dealt with and overcome in your life and how these experiences will enable you to have a successful career in the beauty industry
- For the free MUD Beauty Essentials kit and training,* explain how the training will help you to be successful in your career
- Upload the video to InstagramoTag @Salonsuccess and use #SSA60
- Email the video link to Christinab@Salonsuccessacademy.com
- Include your full name and campus in your email
- Submit the application and essay (if applicable) to your Admissions Representative or Campus Director. Essays must be typed. Handwritten essays will not be accepted.
When Will the Cosmetology Scholarships Be Announced?
Once you have completed at least one month of school, you will be notified if you have met the preliminary criteria and are a scholarship candidate.
How Will You Receive Your Cosmetology Scholarship Award?
If you successfully complete all criteria, $1000 will be applied to your account during payment period four. If you lose your eligibility, you will not be able to regain the award.
You will receive a MUD kit and be allowed to take the Beauty Essentials class free of charge before graduation.*
*Your MUD Beauty Essentials training class must be completed prior to graduation. It is your responsibility to maintain eligibility and attend the scheduled class. Missed class days cannot be made up.