What is your resolution for 2018? Get fit? Get organized? Find a new job—maybe even a new career? Well what are you waiting for? Take a few positive steps right now.
Take care of yourself first. Getting fit is easier than you think and now is the best time to up your workout routine. Gyms usually offer great membership incentives in January so you can get fit for a discount. If you’re not gym material, check out online workout routine or DVDs you can watch on TV. Or go for a brisk walk before or after work. Even simple changes like choosing the stairs instead of the elevator or going for a bike ride instead of driving will help your overall health and fitness. And don’t forget to eat well. If you want to be the best you you can be, you need to consider the full picture.
Get your life organized. Start January off by cleaning out your closet. Chances are if you haven’t worn that hot pink cardigan in five years, this year isn’t going to be the year either. Donate your gently worn articles of clothing to people who might appreciate both your style and your generosity. Once you’ve simplified your wardrobe, go after old piles of makeup. Did you know that your makeup has a shelf life? Then, attack piles of paper. You don’t need bills from 2007!
Pursue your dream. You’ve always had a sense of style and you’re the go-to person when your friends need their hair and makeup done up right. Right? Then why not take a chance—on yourself? Pursue a career you love, not just a job you tolerate. If you’re serious about going to beauty school, take the next step. Research schools in your area and schedule a tour. Taking a tour is the best way to gauge if a school is right for you. For more tips to guide you in your school search, read these 6 Steps for Choosing the Right Cosmetology School. Then…
Check out Salon Success Academy. We are fully accredited through the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences to provide you training in:
- Manicuring/Nail Care
Don’t put off your dream career any longer. Salon Success Academy has more than five decades of experience, and an amazingly talented and caring staff whose passion matches yours!
- Get hands on training at the largest Sassoon Academy Member School in the world.
- Prepare for a real career with a Salon Success Externship. You might be hired straight from your externship. If not, that 160 hours still counts toward your license requirements.
- Once you reach 1,200 hours of training in cosmetology, you can take mock exams to prepare you for your actual test. We’ll help identify areas on which you may need additional preparation.
- Create a professional portfolio, practice your people skills, and build your clientele—all while you’re still studying and training. You will learn the ins-and-outs of running a professional salon. At Salon Success Academy, you’re not just trained for a job; you’re prepared for a career.
- Join the Student Ambassador Program and you’ll also have opportunities to represent Salon Success Academy in the community, meet with experts in the field, and attend industry hair shows.
Learn more about all aspects of beauty school in Salon Success Academy’s The Ultimate Guide to Beauty School. Salon Success Academy could help you turn your passion into a lifelong, rewarding career. Learn how we can help you succeed. Call 877-987-HAIR (4247) today!