December 26, 2013
Make Your Cosmetology Dreams Come True in 2014
When you’re passionate about what you do, it makes all the difference in the world! Why would you consider working in a cubicle or going to a four-year college when you know deep down it won’t make you happy? If you have one New Year’s resolution this year, it should be to start working towards a new career where you can truly be happy. This will create a domino effect that will make other areas of your life more positive, too!
There are lots of exciting career options in the beauty industry right now. You can work behind the chair in a high-end salon, resort, or cruise ship. You could work as a fashion stylist, a platform artist, or as a sales representative for a major beauty line. If you want more freedom with your career, you can always open your own salon or traveling beauty business. The options are endless!
The good news is that the beauty industry is strong in the U.S., especially in the state of California. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts there will be over 128,000 new jobs added to the beauty industry in California by the year 2020. You can find more important career statistics in this infographic – The State of Beauty Jobs in California.
Don’t let the cost of cosmetology school get in the way of you following your passion. You shouldn’t put off your happiness another minute, let alone another year! There are many scholarships out there that are designed to help prospective and current cosmetology school students. If you qualify, these scholarships could help you fund your education and your dream!
To help you out, we’ve done the research and collected the top cosmetology school scholarships for 2014. Now the rest is up to you!
1. Vidal Sassoon Professional Beauty Education Scholarship Program –Ten winners will receive 50% off tuition at a qualifying cosmetology school. To be eligible, you must be a student with an active start date between January 28, 2014 and August 4, 2014 and you must complete a written essay or a video submission. You can find more information on how to apply on the Beauty Changes Lives Foundation website.
2. Minerva Beauty Cosmetology Scholarship – Five $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students who are currently enrolled in an accredited cosmetology school. Students must have completed at least one semester and have a minimum GPA of 3.0. To be eligible, applicants must apply online and submit a one-page essay. The application deadline is May 31, 2014. You can apply here.
3. Beauty Schools Directory Cosmetology Scholarship – Future students can apply to the Beauty Schools Directory for a $2,500 scholarships for cosmetology or esthetics school. This scholarship is awarded four times per year, and may be used at most schools nationwide. The scholarship recipient is selected from a pool of individuals who submit their applications before the deadline each quarter. The deadlines are January 31, April 30, July 31, and October 31 each year. You can apply here.
4. The Joe Francis Haircare Scholarship – The mission of the Joe Francis Haircare Scholarship foundation is to help deserving students receive financial assistance for the professional training necessary to build successful, long-term careers in the cosmetology industry. To be eligible, applicants must be currently applying for cosmetology school or actively enrolled. The next application deadline is June 1, 2014. You can apply on the Joe Francis Haircare Scholarship Foundation website.
5. Alice Madden Barton Scholarship Program – This scholarship is open to current students, high school students, and anyone interested in cosmetology or barbering as a career. The scholarships are given out twice a year in January and July to applicants who can demonstrate a passion for the craft and dedication to developing their skills. The deadlines for applications are June 30 and December 31. You can apply here.
Salon Success Academy is a cosmetology school in California that’s dedicated to providing students with every opportunity to complete their education at the lowest cost possible. The school offers several type of financial aid assistance to students who qualify at its five convenient locations. Fill out the form or call 877-987-HAIR to speak with an Admissions Specialist and schedule a school tour!