LA Fashion Week runs from October 14 through October 21. Designers will be previewing their Spring 2012 collections and the stylists working behind the scenes will be giving us a peek of new upcoming beauty trends. It’s a very exciting time for those working in the fashion and beauty industry in the Los Angeles area!
All of the events are scheduled separately in showrooms and trade shows in downtown LA, which can make it kind of tricky to follow. Most of the designer lineups are still in the works, so you’ll want to check out FashionWeekLA.com as LA Fashion Week gets closer for more details.
Here’s a list of the events that are scheduled for LA Fashion Week:
- Events will open with Concept Fashion Week at the Ace Gallery on October 13 through 16.
- On October 14, Project Ethos will be held at the historic House of Blues Sunset Strip, which will benefit Stand Up To Cancer. The event combines live music with the runway fashion of eight emerging Los Angeles based designers. The Black Cards featuring Fall Out Boy’s Pete Wentz will headline the music portion of the night, while the headlining fashion show will be the menswear line by I AM by Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas.
- The British Fashion Council will present LONDON show ROOMS at the Ace Gallery from October 17 – 19. The shows will bring London’s brightest stars of British fashion to Los Angeles for the first time.
- It’s Market Week at California Market Center from October 17 through October 21. It kicks off with a runway show at noon on Monday. Collections will also be displayed on various floors throughout the Market Center from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. throughout the week.
- During the same week, Style Fashion Week will present its second season at Vibiana. The week of events consist of a welcome party for VIP and Media, followed by five days of runway shows. As part of Style Fashion Week, Moss Adams will present its Fashion Innovator Award during a runway event on October 20.
- The events conclude with LA Fashion Weekend at Sunset Gower Studios on October 21 through October 23.
- Also on October 23, Rodeo Drive Walk of Style will honor the new recipients of their annual award, international supermodel, Iman, and acclaimed Italian fashion house, Missoni. Both recipients will also receive plaques on Rodeo Drive, which will be embedded permanently in the sidewalk. A silent auction will also be held to benefit Save the Children and their efforts to help the children affected by the East Africa Food Crisis.
Will you be going to any of the LA Fashion Week events? If so, share your photos and videos on the Salon Success Facebook Page so all of your friends can see.
We already got a taste of some of the hot new beauty trends to look out for during New York Fashion Week in September. Some of the popular hairstyles on the runways were loose ponytails, angular bangs, and wet, waxy texture. For makeup trends, expect to see lots of red lips, bold brows, and earth tones. Another look that was everywhere during Fashion Week was the tribal manicure – nails painted with bright diagonal stripes. To scroll through photos of these looks and find tips on how to recreate them, check out The Best Beauty Looks from New York Fashion Week by Harper’s Bazaar.
Which new beauty trends do you love the most? Which ones do you hate? Let us know what you think by commenting below.