Are you studying for the esthetics state board practical exam in California? We are here to help you pass your exam and become a licensed esthetician! Ms. Amber of Salon Success Academy: Corona gives you a step by step walkthrough of the practical portion of esthetics state board examination as per the California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.
Esthetics State Board Review with Ms. Amber
Instruction varies from teacher to teacher, as well as from test examiner to test examiner. We understand that every person teaches the practical examination portion of state board just a little differently. If at any time you are uncertain of what you should do, we recommend that you follow the guidance of your esthetics instructor because the state board examiner will instruct you to do the same.
Esthetics State Board Timecodes
Here are specific video timecodes relevant to each domain:
– Work Area and Client Preparation, and Set Up of Universal Supplies (First client): 01:03
– Cleansing of the Face with Product: 10:38
– Exfoliating the Face with Product, Using Implement or Materials, and Including Towel Steaming: 15:13
– Massaging the Face with Product: 19:17
– Work Area and NEW Client Preparation, and Set Up of Supplies (Second client): 23:38
– Hair Removal of the Eyebrows by Tweezing and Using Simulated Soft Wax: 26:45
– Facial Mask and Conclusion of Facial Service: 48:00
– Facial Makeup: 51:28
– Blood Exposure Procedure: 59:00
– Particle Microdermabrasion: 01:04:30
– Eyelash Enhancement: 1:12:20
Candidate Information Bulletin (CIB)
Please reference the National-Interstate Council of State Boards of Cosmetology Practical Examination Candidate Information Bulletin for full official instructions. Visit www.nictesting.org and www.barbercosmo.ca.gov for the most current bulletin before testing.
Here is the PDF version of the bulletin.
Useful Esthetics Blogs
Check out these useful blogs for you as you prepare to pass your exam and to start your new career!
– HOW TO AVOID THE 5 MOST COMMON STATE BOARD MISTAKES
– HOW TO FIND SUCCESS AS AN ESTHETICIAN
– STUDY FINDS NEW MARKETING IDEAS FOR LICENSED ESTHETICIANS
– ESTHETICIAN SALARY GUIDE INFOGRAPHIC
– 7 TIPS FOR BECOMING A SUCCESSFUL ESTHETICIAN
– HOW TO CREATE THE PERFECT SPA AMBIANCE FOR YOUR CLIENTS
Are you looking to start a career as an esthetician? Salon Success Academy offers hands-on training in esthetics and makeup application, as well as flexible class schedules, extensive State Board preparation, and Financial Aid assistance to those who qualify. If you would like to learn more about the esthetics program at Salon Success Academy, fill out the form below or call 1(877)987-4247 now!