Ms. Amber of Salon Success Academy: Corona gives you a step by step walkthrough of the practical portion of the esthetics state board examination.
Esthetics Practical Examination | State Board Review
Here are specific video timecodes relevant to each domain:
– Work Area and Client Preparation, and Set Up of Universal Supplies (First client): 01:03
– Cleansing of the Face with Product: 10:38
– Exfoliating the Face with Product, Using Implement or Materials, and Including Towel Steaming: 15:13
– Massaging the Face with Product: 19:17
– Work Area and NEW Client Preparation, and Set Up of Supplies (Second client): 23:38
– Hair Removal of the Eyebrows by Tweezing and Using Simulated Soft Wax: 26:45
– Facial Mask and Conclusion of Facial Service: 48:00
– Facial Makeup: 51:28
– Blood Exposure Procedure: 59:00
– Particle Microdermabrasion: 01:04:30
– Eyelash Enhancement: 1:12:20
Candidate Information Bulletin (CIB)
Here is the PDF version of the bulletin.
Please reference the National Esthetics Practical Examination Candidate Information Bulletin for full official written instructions. Visit www.nictesting.org for the most current bulletin before testing. Instruction varies from teacher to teacher, as well as from test examiner to test examiner. We understand that every person teaches the practical examination portion of state board just a little differently. If at any time you are uncertain of what you should do, we recommend that you follow the guidance of your esthetics instructor becuase the state board examiner will instruct you to do the same.
Useful Esthetics Blogs
Check out these useful blogs for you as you prepare for your state board exam and your new career!
– HOW TO AVOID THE 5 MOST COMMON STATE BOARD MISTAKES
– HOW TO FIND SUCCESS AS AN ESTHETICIAN
– STUDY FINDS NEW MARKETING IDEAS FOR LICENSED ESTHETICIANS
– ESTHETICIAN SALARY GUIDE INFOGRAPHIC
– 7 TIPS FOR BECOMING A SUCCESSFUL ESTHETICIAN
– HOW TO CREATE THE PERFECT SPA AMBIANCE FOR YOUR CLIENTS
Are you looking to start a career as an esthetician? Salon Success Academy offers hands-on training in esthetics and makeup application, as well as flexible class schedules, extensive State Board preparation, and Financial Aid assistance to those who qualify. If you would like to learn more about the esthetics program at Salon Success Academy, fill out the form or call 1-877-987-HAIR now!