“Show up for yourself”
This episode features holistic esthetician and local business owner Jona Herrera. @Jonathan Herrera is the owner of Leela Skin in Upland, California, and is a graduate of Salon Success Academy’s esthetics program.
Since graduating, Jona has received multiple scholarships and grants that have helped him start his business courtesy of Beauty Changes Lives. These scholarships are available to students and beauty professionals from across the country.
Jona started training for a career in esthetics in the summer of 2021. His energy is infectious and Jona made an impact in the classroom during his time as a student at Salon Success. That impact is still felt now that Jona is an alumnus. In fact, Jona has been volunteering to help our current students with their scholarship applications.
“When I decided to show up for myself was when I enrolled here,” Jona says. “Applying for the Dermaoligca scholarship was me showing up for myself. Applying for the Worth Up Alliance was me showing up for myself”.
In this episode, Jona discusses:
– His experiences as an esthetician student
– How he started his business
– What “Showing up for yourself” means to him
– Winning the @Dermalogica + @Beauty Changes Lives New Beginnings esthetics scholarship
– Being the first recipient of the Worth Up Alliance business grant presented by Ted Gibson and Jason Backe
– How students can apply for beauty scholarships
Learn more about Jona’s journey on this episode of Salon Success Academy: The PODCAST!
Leela Skin is located at the Roxie Salon Suites at 141 W. Foothill Blvd., Suite C #8, in Upland, CA. To schedule an appointment, you can reach Jona at (909)-662-5205 or you can follow Jona on his Instagram page, @leelaskinllc
Be A Guest
Become a guest on our podcast!