7 Must-Have Holiday Hair & Makeup Looks
‘Tis the season to shimmer and sparkle! Here are seven straight-from-the-runway must-try hair, makeup, and nail tips you can use to look your best this holiday season:
1. Red Lips – It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas with all the red lips we’re spotting! There are lots of shades to choose from this season, from bright cherry red, to oxblood, to some super trendy berry shades. The key is to experiment to see which shade of red looks best with your skin tone. But tone down the rest of your makeup when you’re rocking the red lip. Wearing simply eyeliner and mascara works just fine.
2. Dramatic Liner – Dramatic eyeliner adds an extra dose of glamour to any look. For a new spin on the classic cat eye, use an ultra-thin liquid eyeliner to draw a precise line along your upper lid and past the outer corner of your eye, following the curve upward for a wing effect. For an edgier style, you can smudge liner along your bottom lashes.
3. Gold Shadow – Gold seems to be everywhere this holiday season! It’s a look that warms all skin tones, which means it’s flattering on everyone. To wear this look, swipe gold shadow just on the center of your lids. You can also dust a bit of gold shadow on your cheekbones and lips to give your whole face a goddess-like glow.
4. Side Swept Hair – Wearing your hair in waves that are smooth, shiny, and swept to one side is a glamorous look that’s perfect for parties. To achieve this look, simply style your hair in loose waves using a curling iron, flat iron, or hot rollers. Next, anchor your mane to one side by twisting a section behind one ear and securing in place with bobby pins and hair spray.
5. Perfect Pony – A pony is a simple way to style your hair that makes a big difference in your overall look. There are lots of different ways you can wear this classic look – high or low, pin straight or curly, slicked back or messy. The only rule is that your pony has to be super shiny!
6. Messy Updo – A messy updo looks chic and romantic, and yet it’s super easy to do. The key to this style is having lots of texture, so start by curling the ends of your hair. Next, gather your hair as if you’re going to make a pony tail, then twist it towards your head and secure with pins. Leave some strands hanging down because it’s supposed to look messy. You can always add a glittery hair clip to make it look even more festive.
7. Holiday Mani – Complete your party look with a holiday manicure! The hot nail colors this winter are grays and metallics. And of course you can never go wrong with glittery red polish this time of year. What is your favorite holiday nail color this year?
If you love styling hair and makeup all year round, why not make a career out of it? The beauty industry offers many different, rewarding career opportunities! Fill out the form to receive a Free Beauty Industry Career Guide to get started!
Salon Success Academy is a beauty school with five convenient locations throughout the Inland Empire of California. The school offers in-depth, hands-on training in cosmetology and esthetics, as well as extensive preparation for the State Board exam, and financial aid assistance to those who qualify. Call 877-987-4247 to speak with an Admissions Representative today!