When you finally decide to follow your dreams and enroll in beauty school, you may have several schools in your area to choose from. While the schools and their programs may seem the same, in reality, these beauty schools will all be very different. It’s up to you to do your research and pick the beauty school that’s the right fit for you.
If you’re interested in beauty schools in California, Salon Success Academy is a beauty school with five locations throughout the Inland Empire that offers training in cosmetology and esthetics.
Below we’ve listed six things we think makes Salon Success Academy really stand out from the other beauty schools in California. But don’t take our word for it! See for yourself when you come in for a school tour and talk one-on-one with the students and instructors.
- Sassoon and Redken Partnerships – Salon Success Academy is the largest Sassoon Academy Member School in the world and is excited to offer our students access to such an iconic brand. Sassoon has held an international presence in the beauty industry for more than half a century and its partnership with Salon Success Academy gives you a unique opportunity to excel at your craft using the visionary Sassoon methodologies of styling, cutting and coloring. With Redken as an educational partner, Salon Success Academy students are able to receive the most current hair and color training available. Using Redken principles and products, you’ll be able to receive an in-depth education in color theory, technique and style from one of the industry giants.
- Student Ambassador Program – If you want to be a leader in the beauty industry one day, then Salon Success Academy has the perfect program for you! The Student Ambassador Program is designed to help students build their confidence and learn leadership skills. The students who are accepted into the program help with orientation, attend special industry events, mentor new students, and organize volunteer events at their campus. The Student Ambassador Program is unique to Salon Success Academy. No other beauty school in California offers this type of leadership program.
- Hands-On Learning – Talk to anyone who’s ever worked in the beauty industry and they’ll tell you that one of the biggest challenges to starting a new beauty career is building your clientele base. The great thing about being a student at Salon Success Academy is that you begin to build your clientele before you even graduate. Halfway through the program, you’ll begin taking clients on the clinic floor and refining your customer service skills. The salon floor and esthetics rooms in our schools are designed to look like a high-end salon and spa. We offer the same services and our students are using the same equipment and products that are being used in the best salons and spas across the country.
- State Board Prep – Our instructors are focused on preparing students to pass the State Board exam after graduation. Once a student completes 1,200 hours, they must pass a mock State Board exam at our Upland school, which is administered by Ms. Rena. The mock State Board is as close to the real thing as possible and takes about four hours to complete. Afterwards, each student is given detailed notes from Ms. Rena on which areas they need more practice on. For more information on how Salon Success Academy prepares you for State Boards, check out this infographic on How to Pass the State Board Exam.
- Total Flexibility – You probably want to finish your education and start working as soon as possible, but sometimes things happen in life that can prevent that. Salon Success Academy offers evening and part-time classes to accommodate our students’ busy schedules. We also give our students a 52-week enrollment window, which allows for personal or sick time should you need to use it. Most other beauty schools in California will only give you 42 weeks to complete your education. At Salon Success Academy, we understand that life happens and we want you to complete your education no matter what!
- Financial Assistance – Salon Success Academy offers federal financial aid to students who qualify, including student loans, Pell Grants, and private loans. It’s our mission to help our students complete their education at the lowest cost possible. Our financial aid staff will help you through the entire enrollment process, educating you on the best options to finance your education and even helping you fill out the paperwork. To learn more about the types of financial aid that we offer, read Ways to Pay for Cosmetology School.
Come in for a school tour and see how great Salon Success Academy is for yourself! Call 1-877-987-HAIR (4247) or fill out the form to the right to schedule a school tour or to speak to a Financial Aid specialist.