There are some really simple ways you can save time and money when it comes to your daily makeup routine. Check out our list of makeup tricks below to see if one of these ideas could help you. Professional makeup artists have been using these makeup tricks on their clients for years. We promise they’ll work for you, too!
- Triangle Shaped Concealer – If you really want to cover up those dark, pesky under eye circles, the right way to do it is by applying concealer in the shape of a triangle. Apply concealer from the inner corner of the eye, down to the nostril, and back up to the outer corner of the eye. This will brighten and lift your entire face, plus it will look much more natural.
- White Eyeshadow – Try applying white eyeshadow to the inner corner of your eyes near the tear ducts, or lining your top lid with white eyeliner. Both techniques instantly make your eyes look bigger and brighter. It also helps smaller eyes appear to have a wider gaze.
- Heat Up Your Curler – Before you curl your lashes, heat up your lash curler with your blow dryer or stick it under warm water. Test it out on your wrist first so you don’t burn yourself. A heated lash curler will give you longer-lasting, noticeably curlier lashes.
- Baby Powder Lashes – Use a Q-tip to dust some baby powder on your lashes in between coats of mascara. The next coat will attach to the baby powder to give you the appearance of much longer, fuller looking lashes.
- No Blush? No Problem – If you find yourself in a jam, did you know your lipstick can also double as blush? Use your finger to apply some lipstick to the apples of your cheeks and blend out to your temples. Not only will your lipstick and blush match perfectly, but this trick will also save you some cash!
- Contour Like a Pro – If you want chiseled looking cheekbones, you’ll need to master the art of contouring. Sweep a sheer shimmer powder in the middle of your forehead, along the top of your cheeks, and center of your nose. Next, suck in your cheeks and apply a bronzer or deep nude blush to the hollows of your cheeks, the sides of your nose, and under your jawline. Finish up this look by blending with a circular motion.
If you’re interested in learning more helpful makeup tips, read this list of 10 Makeup Bag Must-Haves.
If you absolutely love doing makeup, then maybe a career in beauty is right for you! The job outlook is strong for licensed beauty professionals right now, especially in the state of California, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Check out The State of Beauty Jobs in California Infographic and see for yourself!
Salons Success Academy is a beauty school in California that offers in-depth, hands-on training in cosmetology and esthetics, as well as extensive preparation for the State Board exam, and financial aid to those qualify. Call 877-987-4247 to get sta