November 20, 2013
5 Healthy Skin Tips to Keep Your Skin in Tip Top Shape
Healthy skin means a healthy body! The skin is your body’s largest organ and it plays an important role in protecting you from harmful infections. Right now is the perfect time to talk about healthy skin tips because November happens to be Healthy Skin Month. Now that the summer sun has set, you might think that your skin is better protected, but the opposite is actually true. The sun’s rays are damaging year round, and the cold, dry air of winter months can add to your skin’s irritation. Below are five healthy skin tips that will keep your skin glowing all year round. What tips would you add to this list?
1. Protect – your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB rays with an SPF of 30 or higher, even on cloudy days. When you’re outdoors, reapply sunscreen every two or three hours.
2. Cleanse –every day to remove the makeup, dirt, and toxins that build up on your skin throughout the day. It’s important to cleanse gently so you don’t remove any healthy oils from your skin. Use warm water, rather than hot water, and avoid strong soaps that will strip the skin.
3. Moisturize – your skin with a moisturizer that fits your skin type. Your skin can become dry and irritated during the winter months due to indoor heating and low humidity. Moisturizer will help your skin retain moisture.
4. Eat – a balanced diet. A diet that’s filled with fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins will provide a variety of nutrients for your skin.
5. Check – your skin regularly for moles or other suspicious growths. If you detect something unusual, see a doctor right away to prevent permanent damage to your skin.
If you’re as passionate about skin care as we are, esthetics school can give you the training you need to start a fulfilling new career as a licensed esthetician! Out of all the careers to choose from in the beauty industry, jobs for licensed estheticians are predicted to increase the most over the next decade. See how much you could potentially make with our Esthetician Salary Guide Infographic. Salon Success Academy is an esthetics school with five locations throughout the Inland Empire of California. The esthetics school offers hands-on training inside the school’s high-end spa, as well as extensive preparation for the State Board exam. If you’re interested in learning how to become a licensed esthetician, call 877-987-4247 or fill out the form!