SALON SUCCESS ACADEMY OFFERS CLASSES IN BARBERING, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, MANICURING, AND MAKE-UP APPLICATION IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Fill out our form to download your Beauty Industry Career Guide today!
We’re so excited that you’ve decided to apply at Salon Success Academy! Here’s the base requirements we request from all applicants:
- Be at least 17 years old
- U.S. completion of 12th grade (diploma or transcripts), GED, or pass results for the HiSET or TASC exam
- Social security number
- Valid form of ID
If you have any questions or concerns about our requirements, contact us! Our admissions team is more than happy to walk you through the process.
There are financial aid options available depending on the program you choose! We suggest that all our students start by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Financial aid may be available as federal loans, grants, or scholarships.
At Salon Success Academy, we have an entire team of financial aid professionals who are ready to help you explore financial aid options. Contact us to learn more!
Beauty school can fit into your busy schedule. We offer a variety of scheduling options including day and evening classes. With our flexible class schedules, you could be on your way to a new career in less than 15 months!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I schedule a visit?
You can schedule a visit at any of our six campuses by calling 1-877-987-HAIR (4247). During your campus visit, you’ll be able to meet with an admissions representative to discuss program options, observe instructors, and get a feel for our campus culture!
How long are the programs?
- Cosmetology: 1600 hours. The full-time program can be completed in as little as 10 months, and the part-time program can be completed in as little as 16 months
- Barber: 1500 hours. The full-time program can be completed in as little as 10 months, and the part-time program can be completed in as little as 14 months.
- Esthetician: 680 hours. The full-time program can be completed in as little as 5 months and the part-time program can be completed in as little as 7 months.
- Manicuring: 400 hours. The full-time program can be completed in as little as 3 months and the part-time program can be completed in as little as 5 months.*
Make-Up Designory/ MUD Makeup: 84 hours. This can be completed in 10 days of classroom training.
How will Salon Success Academy prepare me for my State Board exam?
Our instructors at Salon Success Academy work hard to make sure all our students feel prepared to take the California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology exams. These exams are made up of a practical exam and a written exam. We balance practical training with classroom learning and offer mock exams throughout our students’ time with us to better prepare them.
Keep Up With Salon Success Academy!
Follow us on social media to see what our students are up to! We also post blogs, start dates, events, and more.